Saturday 16 May 2015

Evening Pond Watch - 16/5/2015


One of the best things about having a small wildlife pond in your garden is being able to go out late in the evening with a torch. This evening me and my eldest daughter popped outside to see what we could find. 

As usual I was greated with one of the resident frogs who doesn't seem to mind the torch.  In fact I could swear that it sees the torch and comes over to say hello.  

We spotted the other resident frog in wildlife pond project #1 (the smaller pond) where it seemed quite happy amongst the mosquito larvae.

It wasn't look before we spotted one of the newts, sneaking up on the tadpoles which seem to be taking their time developing into little froglets.  However I am happy to report that there are still a good few of them in the pond. 

4 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking lovely (previous post), I too like to have a look round at night, trouble is this is when you see how many slugs and snails you have too, last year was really bad. Would love a night camera and try and film what's going on. When your tad's get legs I will go and check the ones up in the Chevin pond.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I know what you mean about the slugs and snails of a night too lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Em, my daughter held the torch whilst I pointed the camera at our resident friend.

      Delete